1Password not syncing between OSX and iOS

Options
danito
danito
Community Member

I am using the most current version of 1Password for OSX and iOS. For syncing I use Dropbox, with the keychain file located on the root level of the dropbox folder.

I have just noticed that sync does not work between OSX and iOS. I have no idea for how long it has been like this. The weird thing is: syncing between my iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) seems to work perfectly.

I am afraid that I could loose important passwords by trying to fix this in any way, since some information is only current and correct in the OSX version, while other information is only current and correct in the iOS apps.

In my dropbox folder there is only one keychain file. But I noticed that in the Finder it says that it's modification date is "27. Dezember 2013 15:24". I don't know if that is normal or not.

In the OSX app syncing with Dropbox is on and pointing towards the correct location of the keychain file. And according to the "Last synced:" time it is syncing. On my iPhone I have tried disabling and reenabling Dropbox sync and also tried deleting all data and letting it re-sync. Nothing helped.

What is going on here?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danito,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble keeping things synced up. It sounds to me like you may have run into this bug: 1Password 4.1 Losing Sync Permissions after System Restart. Please note that this bug has been resolved in the 4.1.2 update, but you will need to disable and re-enable Dropbox sync on your Mac to re-write the permissions folder. Please let me know if you are running 4.1.3 (as the webstore version was not subject to this bug).

In my dropbox folder there is only one keychain file. But I noticed that in the Finder it says that it's modification date is "27. Dezember 2013 15:24". I don't know if that is normal or not.

Please don't pay too much attention to the modified date of your 1Password.agilekeychain. This 'file' is actually a bundle of files, so when an individual entry is updated, a file inside this bundle will be updated, and the modified date on the package itself might not show this.

Once you have re-set syncing on your Mac, create a test entry on each device ( test, Mac, test, iPhone, and test, iPad) and ensure that they transfer over to all other devices. If sync is still misbehaving, please let me know and we'll investigate further!

• danito
    danito
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response! It seems like this did indeed solve the issue (I have the MAS version).

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danito,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're all sorted out! I'm so glad that did the trick. If you run into any other snags, we're here to help :)

This discussion has been closed.