Endless "Connecting..." count in extensions > Installation after transferring to my new Mac

Options

Hello everybody,

I've transferred my 1Password-Data to my new Mac and it works so far.
But in the browser extensions there is the a "Connecting..." count.
I've read that it's kind of normal, but after count 1500 I'm unsure how long I must wait.

I've re-installed all browser extensions but the same thing again.

Is there a way to transfer even the browser extension data (perhaps a file) form the old Mac to the new?

Thanks for any hint.

Jugibur

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jugibur,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the 1Password extension right now. I'd like to take a closer look at your system. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Jugibur
    Jugibur
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan for your reply,
    I've downloaded the Troubleshooting tool an clicked "Create Report" .... and still waiting (15 minutes ore more)
    Have tried it one more time, same scene again :-(

Should I do a complete fresh installation of the whole application? (not only the extensions?)
    PS: I remember installing my backup files failed as I do the installation.
    So I have copied the 1Password folder from the hidden library to the new computer.
    After that I've access to my files inside the new installation.
    But perhaps there is something wrong deeper inside...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jugibur,

I'm so sorry that the Diagnostic Report did not work for you! Let's try it this way. Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

As before, attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• Jugibur
    Jugibur
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, that worked. The report is now sent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jugibur,

I'm glad that one worked - I apologize for the inconvenience! Someone from our support team will look into this just as soon as possible - we'll follow up directly via email to ensure we don't get things muddled up between here and there. :)

• Aalex Bettler
    Aalex Bettler
    Community Member
    Options

hello. have similar problem on Firefox 27.0 on IOSX 10.9.1 . Extensions works on Chrome though. Have been adding extension from here:
    https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html and have also changed the > System Pref > Network > WIFI > Proxies > Web Proxy HTTP (unchecked)> added 127.0.0.1 to the list. Oops!

Any help would be welcome.
    Many thanks,
    xx

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi Aalex,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems here. It looks like you are using the correct versioned extension for 1Password 3, and adding 127.0.0.1 to your list should help as well. Let's try reinstalling the 1Password browser extension for Firefox.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Firefox.
    • Click on the Tools menu, then Add-Ons.
    • Click the remove button next to the 1Password extension and remove it.
    • You also need to remove the extension database. Follow these instructions: https://mikhailt.clarify-it.com/d/4zpylm
    • Restart Firefox and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html
    • Click the download button next to the Firefox icon, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

Let me know if this helps - if you're still having difficulties, we'll investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.