Number of Licenses Required?

Options
Redparadox
Redparadox
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I have used several different password managers over the years and as the number of devices I own has proliferated, I have been looking for "one ring to rule them all". I received a license for 1Password4 as part of an upgrade bundle to Parallels 9. Besides my iMac, I have an iPad, iPhone, and standard Windows laptop. What would that mean in terms of licensing? When I look at the licensing description it says : "This license can be used by ... on as many computers as needed". So does this mean I already have the license I need for those different platforms?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The licensing is by platform, with users being able to install their copy on as many machines of that platform as they like. So, in addition to your OS X license, you would need a separate license for Windows and another for iOS, which is a universal application. In the case of iOS, since Apple controls the license process, you can install that on as many iOS devices as you like, as long as all share the same Apple ID.

I don't know for sure what you should do about Windows in your case. If you were starting from scratch, you'd want to buy the OS X-Windows bundle from the AgileBits web store. Since you already have a Mac license, I'd suggest you send email to AgileBits and ask what your options are.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Redparadox

hawkmoth's information is accurate. As for the specific licensing details, that would best be resolved by email. Please send us an email to support+forum@ agilebits .com including a link to this thread and we'll help you get sorted out.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.