using 1 password to make unique password BUT different computer doesn't have 1password app

Options
geno
geno
Community Member

Hi all,
Love the program. One concern: can i log into sites that 1password has made unique passwords for, on different computers that DO NOT have 1 password installed? That said, maybe it's not a good idea to have 1password make these unique, impossible to remember passwords for sites that I will want to occasionally log into outside of my home computer, right?

For example:
1. i use the app to make a unique password for let's say a bank website log-in
2. i using on sister's computer and want to log into the bank website using 1 password's newly made, unique password (which I could never remember)
3. my sister does NOT have 1password.

Question:
1. would i still be able to login?
2. would he have to install 1 passsword?

any help would be super appreciated.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

If you sync your data to Dropbox, you can access the database in a read-only mode through any web browser on any computer, as long as you remember your master password. You would have to use cut and paste to move the login information to the site you want to access.

Take a look at this discussion of using 1PasswordAnywhere. Although it's in the tutorial for the iOS version, it applied to any web browser, including on desktops.

1PasswordAnywhere, access your data in your web browser without 1Password installed

This discussion has been closed.