Recover Passwords from OnePassword.sqlite

Hi. My 1Password.agilekeychain file became corrupt. I only found out after the 1Password app only had 31 out of my 300+ passwords in it. It took me a while to notice because I was constantly using Firefox, which lucky for me, has all 300+ passwords in the extension's OnePassword.sqlite file. The only copy I have of my 1Password.agilekeychain is in dropbox, and yes, it synchronized to all my machines meaning I'm hanging on by a thread here.

I need to get my passwords out of the plugin's OnePassword.sqlite, and back into 1Password.agilekeychain format for obvious reasons. Can you help?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dsstao,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've run into some trouble with 1Password! The fact that you can still access your data in the browser extension is a good thing as we may be able to retrieve it! First, I'd like to take a closer look at your system to find out what's going on. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. They are easy to generate and gives us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password. To create a diagnostics report on OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, please follow these instructions:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

[Note]: If you use OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or OS X 10.9 Mavericks, generate the report by downloading a separate tool. http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• dsstao
    dsstao
    Community Member

OK, I actually fixed this by running the diagnostic tool and following the recommendations. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dsstao,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out. Please note that generally we do like to take a look at these Reports and confirm that the steps suggested are in fact the best course of action, but I'm glad it worked for you here!

• Pavel555
    Pavel555
    Community Member

Dear Megan,

Could you please give us a way to read OnePassword.sqlite

• @Pavel555‌

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

I'm not aware of a way to directly read the sqlite database, but it is possible to export from this file to a .1pif (which is mostly human readable but unencrypted) using these instructions:

Export v3 extension data to 1PIF (Mac)

1Password 4 uses an entirely different architecture and is not affected by this problem.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.