"Problem with 1Password Helper" - keeps recurring, despite multiple reinstalls of extension

sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited February 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from (in 1Password 4 for Mac): "Problem with 1Password Helper" - keeps recurring, despite multiple reinstalls of extension

Comments

• brettlin
    brettlin
    Community Member

Hi. I hope I'm on the right thread. I searched before I posted. If not, don't yell at me. :)

I seem to be having the same issue with the people above, except I'm using Windows. Everyday when I turn on the computer and open Chrome, I get that lovely red exclamation mark over the 1password extension key icon. I then open up the 1password stand along program and restart the 1password helper. That seems to work and the red alert goes away on Chrome.
    It just doesn't seem like this should have to be done. I've removed the extension and reinstalled it multiple times so I'm at a loss for what to do besides this work around.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@brettlin, I've contacted you by PM. Thanks!

• rdv
    rdv
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem with Firefox v 27.0.1.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@rdv, I'll contact you by PM. Thanks!

• masonu
    masonu
    Community Member

Help...having same problem on Safari 6.0.5. I have the troubleshooting report, tx.

• Halp! I don't know how to reload the Firefox extension - running 27.0.1, and 1Password 3.9.20 - keep getting the "Problem with 1Password Helper" red exclamation mark.

• rbaron3704
    rbaron3704
    Community Member

I am also having this problem with Windows and Chrome. I have uninstalled and re installed but the little red icon is still in my browser. Now whenever I try to use 1Password, I get the Master Password window and after entering it I get Connecting 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. Please help!!!

Thanks in advance....

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

@rbaron3704 please follow the steps in this document.

This discussion has been closed.