Backup location - can I move it to a folder that is sync'd with my Egnyte?

Options
vkiley
vkiley
Community Member

I have a constant sync with a cloud-based backup solution called Egnyte. All of the sync'd data has to be in a folder called "Local Cloud" (which is filled with subfolders, of course). I can see that backups are being created - I'd just like them to automatically be in the Local Cloud folder so that I don't have to do an extra step like a manual sync to dropbox or elsewhere.... Right now I can't see where they're saved (and as far as I can tell, I don't have a folder called "library" on my machine) :)

As a second related question, it looks like I have to do manual sync's to keep my iPhone data updated (which I've been doing through WiFi. Is there any other route that sync's this data automatically?

I'm new to 1Password, so there are updates virtually every day as I log into new websites, change existing duplicate/weak passwords, etc.

Thanks!
Vanessa

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vkiley

Welcome to 1Password!

Right now I can't see where they're saved (and as far as I can tell, I don't have a folder called "library" on my machine)

Starting, I believe, with OS X 10.7 this folder was hidden by Apple. It is there (and contains a lot of important data), it just isn't visible in Finder.

The location of backups for 1Password 4 for Mac is not currently customizable, and I'm not aware of any plans to make it so. That said, I can certainly pass your feedback along to our developers for their consideration.

You could setup Folder Sync, and sync your 1Password data into the Local Cloud folder:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Features/Sync/folder.html

I personally don't feel that is going to be a great option for you though (more on that in a sec).

As a second related question, it looks like I have to do manual sync's to keep my iPhone data updated (which I've been doing through WiFi. Is there any other route that sync's this data automatically?

Yes, you can use either Dropbox or iCloud to automatically sync your data. You can read more about your sync options here:

Mac: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Features/Sync/

iOS: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/sync-index.html

The problem is you have to choose one (i.e. you can't currently have both Folder Sync and Dropbox sync).

I'm sorry we don't have an ideal solution that'll work for both problems, but hopefully that is something we can address in future revisions.

Thanks!

Ben

• vkiley
    vkiley
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Ben! So it sounds like I can have 1 be automatic and the other manual (i.e. I can have folder sync to make sure the most up to date version is in Egnyte, but use the WiFi to manually sync my phone -- or use the Dropbox or iCloud to sync with my phone automatically, but then have to do a manual folder sync from time to time to make sure I've got a recent version in Egnyte)... That's not totally unmanageable. Thanks! (I really appreciate your quick and thorough response!!)

• Ben
    Options

You're very welcome. I hope you're able to come up with a workable solution, and we'll continue to work on making 1Password the best password manager. :)

If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.