Helper application duplicates malware imbedded in gmail's spam inbox

Options
johandp
johandp
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

I am a great fan on 1Password for many reasons. Please note the following ito my workflow before commenting on the issue I highlight below:

• I only access gmail via my Safari/Chrome browsers.
  • Recently I installed sophos antivirus software after noting then ClamDav's database has issues.
  • Sophos reported various mall-ware hidden in 1Passwords helper application's folder structure. Investigation on my part revealed that the helper application had been making local copies of my various IMAP folders within gmail; this includes the spam folder - INCLUDING ALL MAIL ATTACHMENTS.
  • My various backup programs had propagated this mall-ware.

It goes without saying that I am rather pissed-off at this.

Now, how do I stop this nonsense from happening again?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johandp,

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to our attention. I've already passed it along to experts here who will investigate further and get back with you as quickly as possible.

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hi @johandp,

I have no idea of how 1Password would have made a copy of your mail database. It simply isn't something it does. So I'd like to work together with you to figure out how such a thing could have happened.

If you can post or send us more information about what happened and what you are seeing that will help a great deal.

This discussion has been closed.