Browser extensions not seeing app

Options
canuckcam
canuckcam
Community Member

For the last while, I haven't been able to sync my Google Chrome extension and 1Password3. I've lived with the (!) alert and just saved logins within Chrome. I finally took the plunge and upgraded to v4, hoping that it would solve the issue.

Now I've lost my old v3 browser extension data AND v4 doesn't work! The v3 app has old data (not synced to v3 browser extension) Is there any way to recover that?! Reinstalling the v3 browser extension just gives me the "Connecting..." error.

I have Hands Off! running so I've disabled global rules, which as far as I know is like turning it off. Also turned off Sophos (despite having the 127.0.0.1 localhost as an exception.) Still no joy.
I've done the basic troubleshooting... 1P Mini works in the menubar, it's just not connecting to the browser extensions! I have no proxy info entered in System Preferences:Network.

Chrome: 1P Mini sees Chrome and asks to install. Successful install, but that's where everything stops.

Firefox: 1P Mini sees Firefox and asks to install. Successful install. Connecting app asks what app it should be opened in, sees 1Password 4 but stops there.

Safari: 1P Mini sees Safari and asks to install. Successful install. But that's where it all stops. :(

This discussion has been closed.