Fill form with select input

Options
Wraul
Wraul
Community Member

Hi

I'm having trouble filling a login form that contains a select input.
Using the select input I'm supposed to specify what access level I would like to use.

Looking att the entry in the form section of 1Password it shows that input as "Text".
I notice a lack of at least the input types "Select" and "Radio". Is this intentional?
I know that they aren't that usual during login. But should not 1Password be able to fill those too?

I'm using 1Password 4.1.2 from the App store, plugin 4.2.0b13, Safari 7.0.2, OS X 10.9.2

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Wraul,

Whenever you're having trouble with just one Login, the best way to get things behaving again is to manually save a new version of the Login. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

Please note that 1Password is not currently able to fill radio buttons. If this site uses radio buttons, the best option is to disable the submit option on the entry and manually change the radio button after your Login information has been filled. :)

• Wraul
    Wraul
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply.

I tried using you method and it didn't work.
    Then I tried on another computer and it did work perfectly.
    So when I looked for differences between the computers I noticed that the one that worked used plugin 4.2.0b14.

After updating the other computers plugin to 4.2.0b14 it now works there too :D
    Am I crazy or did you fix filling of select inputs in the latest beta plugin?

The site in question does not use radio buttons. It was just one thing I noticed was missing when I looked for the select input support.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Wraul,

I'm glad updating the extension worked for you! :)

We've been making tons of improvements to the extension lately, so it's not completely surprising that 4.2.0b14 would fix this for you.

This discussion has been closed.