Can I delete the '~/Library/Application Support/1Passwd' directory? [Confirm with support first!]

Options
kjb
kjb
Community Member
edited March 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I suspect that the '~/Library/Application Support/1Passwd' directory is from earlier versions of 1Password and is deprecated.

What I have is 1Password version 3, and here's what on my system:

-$ ls -ld ./Library/Application\ Support/1Passw*
drwxr-xr-x 6 kjb staff 204 4 Sep 2008 ./Library/Application Support/1Passwd
drwxr-xr-x 10 kjb staff 340 22 Mar 15:03 ./Library/Application Support/1Password

Am I correct in that I can safely remove the '~/Library/Application Support/1Passwd' directory?

I think that the latest version of 1Password uses the the '~/Library/Application Support/1Password' directory and no longer needs the '~/Library/Application Support/1Passwd' directory...

Many thanks in advance -
-Kevin

PS: I did try to search for this in the FAQ and elsewhere but I did not find the answer -- I probably missed it somehow -- sorry if so...

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @kjb,

You're correct, the 1Passwd folder is from a previous version of 1Password and can be removed.

Before you delete it, just to be sure, can you check its contents let me know if there is anything important looking inside (specifically a .agilekeychain file).

Thanks! :)

• kjb
    kjb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi JasperP -- I checked and there is no '.agilekeychain' in that directory hierarchy. I have removed the '1Passwd' directory and everything seems to be working fine, so thanks for your confirmation.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kjb,

Thanks for letting us know that things are working nicely for you! On behalf of @JasperP, we're happy to have been able to help :) If you have any further questions, we're here for you.

• kjb
    kjb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks -- the only question I have is how to close this discussion? -- I want to mark it as "resolved" or "answered" and then to close it, but that does not seem to be things I can do. I guess it is not that kind of forum ....

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kjb,

Only administrators have that ability here. I'd be happy to close this discussion for you - thanks for wanting to keep things organized here, I like that. :)

This discussion has been closed.