Initial Thoughts

Options
DrDave
DrDave
Community Member
  1. Screen rotation does not work during the initial installation. Installing this on a tablet it just seemed odd that I had to orient my Samsung-SGH-I497 (Galaxy Tablet) running Android 4.1.2 to the portrait position.
  2. Each time the device locked the sync stopped. Upon unlocking the screen I had to re-enter my master password and start the sync--my files are in Dropbox. The sync did resume where it left off, but I would expect this to run in the background and finish the sync once started.
  3. Using 1Password on my desktop I was looking forward to seeing this integrated with the built-in browser. I did not see that, nor did I find an option to add this to my browser. I assume this is not documented or it is still not available? This is the one feature we all have been craving.
  4. Clicking on one of my saved logins took me to the data stored. I see the url userid and password. But I do not see the way to login to the site. Clicking on the URL took me to the website--but the form never filled in.

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @DrDave! Thanks for sharing your initial thoughts on the beta, we really appreciate your feedback. Let's dive into the points you brought up:

1. Yes, you're right. The initial setup screen does not support landscape mode and I can understand why this is important. I'll add your vote for this request.

2. 1Password should continue syncing your data file in the background, but I am not too sure if it stops when your device display is locked. I'll be sure to add this to our issue tracker so our developers can investigate into this. Thanks for finding this one!

3. At the moment, a complete browser like 1Browser - found in 1Password for iOS, is not available in the beta. This is definitely something we are reviewing for the future and is in discussion with making 1Password more universal throughout the operating system.

4. If you would like to perform filling for a single login item at a time, you can go into your login item and tap on the triangle on the right of the field that gives you the option to "Login" in the menu. This will open the in-built web view and perform login filling similar to your desktop.

Thanks again for all of your feedback. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• magriffjr
    magriffjr
    Community Member
    Options

I would just like to mirror Dr. Dave's comment about not having the ability to login in landscape. It is quite difficult to login with the smaller keys on an Android phone.

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for your feedback @magriffjr‌! I've passed it along to our development team.

This discussion has been closed.