1Password/Dropbox overwrite password changes with old passwords

Noriker
Noriker
Community Member
edited April 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Because of the SSL security warning I changed many of my passwords. 1Password accepted the changes. Dropbox updated the database. When I used a different machine, none of the changes were updated. I went back to the first machine and now all my password changes are gone and I can't log in to any of my accounts because I don't have the new passwords. What should I do?

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Could you please let me know what version of 1Password and OS X are you using?

Thanks in advance!

• Noriker
    Noriker
    Community Member

Thanks for your time!

Machine 1
    OS 10.6.8
    1P 3.8.21 (build 32009)

Machine 2
    OS 10.7.5
    1P 3.8.21 (build 32009)

Btw, one thing I noticed a week ago was that when I renamed a lot of the entries in 1P from the Firefox 1P menu, only some of them were changed on the other machine for a couple of days, then all of them were changed. So there might be a problem with the syncing or something. Been using 1P for years, never had anything like that happen before.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Hi @Noriker‌

Let's take a closer look at your system here to see if we can figure out what's going on. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your Macs. They are easy to generate and gives us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password. To create a diagnostics report on OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, please follow these instructions:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

[Note]: If you use OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, generate the report by downloading a separate tool. http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.