Can't find vault in order to sync with Dropbox [resolved by selecting correct Dropbox folder]

Options
mt24
mt24
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I've just started with 1Password - filled loads of logins etc (exported from previous manager)... then followed instructions to sync with Dropbox, and it's asking for the vault location... which I can't find! Is it a hidden file?
Please help! Many thanks, Mick

Comments

• mt24
    mt24
    Community Member
    Options

OK - just figured it out... the wording is wrong. It's actually asking for the Dropbox folder, not the Vault file. Now synced.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @mt24,

I'm glad to hear you figured it out! Sorry for any confusion. We've improved the clarity of the sync preferences in version 4.3, which was just released.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar problem and selecting the Dropbox folder doesn't seem to be the answer. What am I missing?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @juliekuehl,

What steps are you taking, and what is or isn't happening the way you expect? Are you getting any specific error messages in the process? Please let me know a few more details. The more information you can give us the better, and more quickly we'll be able to assist you.

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. I should know better. I am an existing 1Password user who's computer hard drive died. I am now moving to a new hard drive. So I downloaded 1Password from the website and when I start it up I get the choice "I'm new to 1Password" or "I've used 1Password before". When I select "I've used 1Password before" I get the "Where is your data?" screen. I then select "Dropbox" and click the "choose vault..." button. Of course, I can't see the file, so I'm not quite sure what to do here. I try selecting the entire Dropbox folder and that's not working and I can't seem to find something that does. Help?

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @mt24,

Do you see a 1Password.agilekeychain file somewhere in your Dropbox folder? If so, please select that.

If that doesn't help, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to support+forum@agilebits.com and we can investigate. :)

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

There's a hidden file out there, but I'm not seeing it. So I'll get that email sent off.

• juliekuehl
    juliekuehl
    Community Member
    Options

WAIT!! I think I figured it out. I checked the Settings on my 1Password iPhone app and discovered that the file you indicated was actually buried in a subfolder. After navigating to it I selected it and everything's working fine now. Whew! Now to get on with life.

Thanks for the help Jasper. It was because you included the file name that I was able to get it figured out.

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.