Two Chrome windows, two extensions, not playing nicely together?

Options
codebykat
codebykat
Community Member

I get the impression from the docs that this should work, but it isn't working for me.

I have two Chrome windows (each signed in to a different profile). I installed the 1Password extension within each. I am okay with them connecting to the same 1Password vault (right now I have both work and personal passwords there).

However, when I use CMD+\ to autofill in either Chrome window, I get an extraneous popup. It does autofill and submit correctly, but I still get the "search" popup from the other browser window's extension.

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a way to tell the extension to only listen when its window is in focus?

I just updated to the newest version (4.3) but it didn't help. :(

Would appreciate any advice, as having to copy-and-paste passwords from the app is time-consuming, and I've already had to reset a couple passwords after neglecting to save them manually.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @codebykat‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Unfortunately this is a known issue that our developers are currently working to solve. I've added a vote to the issue in our tracker to let them know you're really keen on seeing a fix as soon as possible!

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you here, but please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.