Newbe

Options
retwxman
retwxman
Community Member

I purchased, from the App Store today, 1Password 4 for Mac thinking I would be able to use it on my iMac, iPad and iPhone. I am a little confused, however, as to how to get the software on to my iPad and iPhone. Do I need to purchase additional software for them?

My wife and I share an iMac. We have separate user accounts and separate Apple IDs. If I buy from the Mac App Store, will it be available for my wife to use on her user account or will she need to buy from the App Store as well?

Another consideration is the need for us to sync passwords to and from our iPads and iPhone, bearing in mind that we have separate Apple IDs. I currently use iCloud to sync bookmarks, calendars, etc. to my iPad Air and iPhone 5. My wife uses iCloud to sync to her iPad 2 and iPhone 5. All Apple devices run the current iOS.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It sounds as though both you and your wife need 1P4 for iOS. As you use separate Apple IDs I'm afraid you'll each need to buy a copy. If you have the iOS version on your iPads and iPhones you should be able to sync between your Macs and your iDevices using iCloud.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.