iOS 4.5 Dropbox syncing errors

bazcurtis
bazcurtis
Community Member

Hi,

Last night I noticed the my iPhone hadn't synced. It was using iCloud, but I wanted it to use Dropbox. It has both my vaults. I picked up the 2nd one without issue, but it just keeps syncing.

The sync icon is spinning and it is says in progress. I then went to my iPad and it had no syncing set. I set it up to Dropbox. Again I added the 2nd vault with out issue and it synced fine.

My primary vault is as follows

Mac - 1243 items
iPad - 1242
iPhone - 1245

I see a red error - Failed to upload file to Dropbox error on the iPhone and iPad.

What can I do to fixed this?

Best wishes

Michael

Comments

• Hello Michael, and thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the trouble that you're running into. It sounds like 1Password is being rate-limited by Dropbox. This can happen where there is a large amount of traffic to and from Dropbox's servers in a short amount of time. The only solution here is to wait for a while and try it again. Eventually 1Password should sync everything up between your devices.

• bazcurtis
    bazcurtis
    Community Member

I have tried it again since upgrade to 4.5.1 yesterday and it is still syncing. No errors yet, but when I look at the syncing the icon is still rotating and it doesn't finish.

Personally I liked the old blue bar where you could see more what was going on rather than the spinning icon and in progress. It sometimes shows the seconds left, but only to go up and never goes down. It will then change to in progress.

• @bazcurtis‌ When the counter starts counting up, that's the amount of time since the last sync, which means a sync has finished.

We have had a decent number of requests to bring back the previous sync indicator and we are thinking of ideas of how best to accomplish it. Thanks for your input!

• bazcurtis
    bazcurtis
    Community Member

I have added a note on the phone and the Mac. I will make sure they sync and let you know. I still don't think it is working, but will get back to you.

• bazcurtis
    bazcurtis
    Community Member

It looks like we are back working. Thanks for your help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bazcurtis‌

On behalf of @MrRooni‌, thanks so much for letting us know that you're up and running again! Please let us know if you hit any further snags, we'd be happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.