How do I pick up the secondary vault(s) from the Mac app: [IOS: Settings > Vaults, tap on Add Vault]

Options
jther
jther
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

I've just downloaded the new version (4.5.1) of 1Password to my iPhone. How do I go about sharing a secondary vault between my Mac and my iPhone? I can't seem to find any documentation about how to do this, though I'm sure it's hiding somewhere in plain sight (once you tell me where it is....)
Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jther,

Open 1Password on the iPhone, unlock with your master password, and go to Settings > Vaults. There'll be an Add Vault button and from there, you can enable the sync to pick up the vault you created on the Mac.

• natb
    natb
    Community Member
    Options

I created a secondary vault when it first became possible, and put it in a shared subfolder of my Dropbox account. I have that vault working successfully on my Mac and my wife's iPhone. I now have a new-enough iPhone to use multiple vaults, but I can't get it to add. When I select Add Vault, it takes me to Dropbox to authenticate, which I do, and then it immediately dumps me back to 1Password. It doesn't give me a chance to select the vault file, and it doesn't pick it up automatically. Am I missing a step, or…?

• j0o
    j0o
    Community Member
    Options

I've had this problem and was directed to use the link shown here:
    I was a little puzzled by a link that wasn't a clear path to the addition of multiple vaults but it works. In fact when trying to sync a Shared Vault in iOS 8 I needed to rediscover the link again.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@j0o‌ is correct. Please let us know if that doesn't do the trick for you, though, @natb. We'd be happy to provide further assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.