Password generator: need more than 30 characters [added in 4.4.1: mini generates up to 50 char]

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

Hi there, for some circumstances i need more than 30 characters - for example my wlan. The maximum password length for the pre shared key of wpa2 is 63; so i need to generate this password.

Is there actually a way to generate passwords longer than 30 characters with 1P4?
If it isn't, do you plan to implement this "feature". I think this is interesting for many other users.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited May 2014
    Options

You might find Jeff's blog article "How long should my passwords be?" interesting.

Edit: sorry, I know it doesn't answer your specific question directly, but it's still relevant!

Stephen

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Zottelzossen,

The 30-char limit is only in the 1Password mini as it is 50 in the main app. We do plan to expand it in the 1Password mini in a future update.

For now, what you can do is create a new Router item in the 1Password app instead of the 1Password mini, use its generator to generate a 50-char password, and then copy it before generating a new 13-char password. Now, you can paste in your 50-char password to save it as a 63-char password.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Fine, thanks for the improvement. Kind regards. ZZ

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.