Info for Web Developers

Options
Adam Engebretson
Adam Engebretson
Community Member

Could you please provide information for web developers on how to improve the browser extension's ability to populate forms, particularly those related to credit card information? I cannot seem to get my addon to detect my web forms.

Note: I'm using http://creditcardjs.com/, and my input fields do NOT have name attributes (although I tested with name attributes, still with no luck). Maybe some data-attributes are required, or specific class names or IDs will help?

Thanks,
Adam.

Comments

• Adam Engebretson
    Adam Engebretson
    Community Member
    Options

I should mention, I was able to get the "cardholder name" field to populate by adding id="name" to the input element, but adding similar identifiers to the card number and CVV fields did not help.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Adam,

The current stable version of the extension is looking for labels to determine which fields should be filled. However, in the 4.2 beta extension, the extension looks for both labels and attributes. Are you testing with the release version or the beta? You can find the beta extension here: extension download page, simply click the button to enable betas. :)

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.