Deleted items appearing on iPad but not on Mac/iPhone

Options
drtimhill
drtimhill
Community Member

I have 1pwd for Mac, iPhone and iPad. I tend to edit my 1pwd database only on my Mac, and just use iPad/iPhone to recover passwords etc. I use Dropbox to sync between all 3 devices.

After a pretty substantial cleanup on my 1pwd database, I noticed that some secure notes (and other records) that I had deleted (on my Mac) were still appearing on my iPad after a sync (but not, oddly, my iPhone, which matched my Mac).

Assuming the iPad was somehow out of sync, I deleted the iPad app and re-installed it, and re-synced with Dropbox, thus doing a "fresh" install/sync cycle on the iPad.

Surprisingly, after the sync was finished, the "deleted" secure notes were STILL present on my iPad!

This has left me confused. Apparently, these records must exist in the master database, since the iPad was able to find them, but they are quite definitely NOT present on my Mac (and they do NOT appear on my iPhone either).

So, Mac and iPhone both agree, but the iPad is somehow finding these extra records that i deleted from the Mac copy??

Not sure what to do about this one :(

--Tim

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Tim ( @drtimhill‌ )

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up lately. I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your Mac
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your iOS device

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your iOS devices ("Test, iPhone/iPad") and add some data
    • Does "Test for Mac" show up on either of your iOS devices?
    • Does "Test for iPhone" and/or "Test for iPad" show up on your Mac?
    • Log in to the Dropbox website and click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Enter your Master Password
    • Do either or any of your test entries show up in your database here?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

This discussion has been closed.