New Mac user: can't get 1passwrd working on other Mac or Parallels

Options
jcudding
jcudding
Community Member

I have 1password working on my Mac desktop and it is in my Dropbox (but not correctly it seems). I can't get 1password to run from Dropbox on my laptop. Some components are missing according to the help files I've read. Also I run Parallels-Windows on both machines but 1password does run from Dropbox under Windows either.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jcudding,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! Could please try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices (if you have any), open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, then Disable Sync.

• On your Mac(s), open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password 4 menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and then Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    • Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back to iOS, other Macs, and Windows, and re-enable Dropbox sync.

Please let us know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.