Two icons of 1password running at the same time.

Options
Kimba Green
Kimba Green
Community Member

Mac running OS X 10.9.2. ever since I updated 1password I have two versions of the icon running in my menu bar. I have deleted the older version of 1password but this remains. When I update to the latest version it updates one but not the other yet I can't get rid of it. How can I remove the extra icon?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kimba,

Unfortunately, if you delete the 1Password app while the Mini is still running, that extra key will keep popping up on you. Please let me know if you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store or directly from our website so that I can give you the appropriate instructions to remove it. :)

• David_C
    David_C
    Community Member
    Options

I did this too. I have the MAS version. Instructions please.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @David_C,

To get rid of the Mini from the webstore version:

I’d like you to open Terminal (Applications > Utilities).

Copy and paste the following line into Terminal, and press return:

launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

Then copy & paste the next line into Terminal, again followed by pressing return:

launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

Then empty the Trash on your Mac, and restart the Mac entirely.

This will ensure that only the Mini from the Mac App Store version (which you purchased) will be running. Please let me know how this works for you!

• David_C
    David_C
    Community Member
    Options

Strange. After posting, I kept trying to stop the process and deleting the file in containers, it finally has only one Mini in the menu bar. The Safari extension was there and working, but without Secure Notes. Now this morning, it has Secure Notes. Like magic! I tried your instructions, it said "no such process". BTW, your instructions are to repeat the same exact command twice. Why?
    Is the file starting with 2BUA8C4S2C the webstore file and the file com.agilebits.onepassword-osx the MAS version? I still have both.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @David_C,

I'm so glad to hear that things are behaving for you! Thanks so much for catching that little slip in my instructions above: the second command should have been "remove", not "stop" again. I've edited my post so that the instructions don't trip anyone else up. :)

You're correct the onepassword-osx-helper file is the Mac App Store version, and the onepassword4-helper is the webstore version. You can run the second Terminal command in my instructions above to permanently remove the extraneous Mini. Then empty the Trash, restart your system and you should be good to go!

• rc1
    rc1
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, both Version 3.8.21 (build 32009) and Version 4.4.1 (441006) are installed on my iMac OS X 10.9.4. I have no idea whether I originally purchased through the App Store on online direct from AgileBits. Is there a way for me to determine this? Are the instructions for removing the incorrect copy the same as above?

• rc1
    rc1
    Community Member
    Options

P.S. I can open Version 3.8.21 with my master password, but it doesn't appear to contain any logins or other data.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @rc1,

Sorry to hear about the trouble! So we can better assist you, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• rc1
    rc1
    Community Member
    Options

Just sent it. Sorry for the delay. Since 1Password doesn't import my legacy logins/passwords from LastPass, it is taking a very long time for me to convert to 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rc1,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.