Show saved form details - UI Bug

Lyman
Lyman
Community Member

I have a login set up where I placed 2 custom fields using the Windows program. They show up under "Show saved form details."

In the latest Android Beta (v4.0.0b18) if I set one of the custom fields as a password field it does not properly hide the text like it does on the iOS app. It is shown in plain text instead of the dots.
Also, you have to click the "Show saved form details" to make those fields appear. If you switch to another app then switch back to 1Password, after entering my quick passcode, the saved form details are hidden again. However, tapping Show saved form details does nothing. You need to back out 1 step and then click that login entry again to make it work.

Comments

• Hey @Lyman. Thanks for reporting this issue, I would love to investigate further into this problem.

What version of 1Password are you using on your Windows PC? When you say custom fields, are you referring to a custom web form field or a custom login field? They are completely different things and are very easy to mix up. Web Form details are used by the extensions to fill in your data on the Login form. If you'd like to add more fields that are not related to the filling, you should use the custom login fields instead. Please let us know. I look forward to your reply.

• Lyman
    Lyman
    Community Member

Windows version: 1.0.9.341
    Android version: 4.0.0b19 (Build 20140603)

The ones I used are custom login field. I added them manually in the Windows program by going to a login -> Edit -> + Add button. I use them for just extra info I want to keep track of related to that login entry.

• Thank you for the additional information. I passed on these details to our Windows team to look over and we will get back to you shortly with our findings.

• Lyman
    Lyman
    Community Member

I don't think it is the Windows program's fault. It seems to me like it is a bug in the Android version.

• I just got back from discussing this issue with the Windows team and there seems to be some misunderstanding around 1Password version 1 for Windows. 1Password v1 does not allow adding custom fields, so the field you are creating are definitely web form fields.

However, there is a bug in 1Password 4 for Android - it does not conceal password fields as it should. This information has been passed on to our development team to review. Thanks so much for reporting this bug.

1Password 4 for Windows was released yesterday and has a lot of features including the ability to add custom fields. I would recommend checking it out if you find it useful!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.