Wifi Sync in Android

Options
spinksj
spinksj
Community Member

Hi,
I've just purchased 1Password for Mac and downloaded the Android beta. I can't seem to find out how to configure Wifi Sync.

I'm hoping this is just an omission in the beta and that Wifi sync will be an option come June 10th.

I have zero faith in Dropbox as a secure repository.

Comments

• tbo
    tbo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for this Beta !

I'm coming from a iOS device and using Mac OS. I was using iCloud to sync.

Now on Android, As I'm not using dropbox, the only solution for me is to sync over Wifi with my Mac to get my files.

So for now I will wait before starting using the Beta until the Sync over Wifi is available. I hope it will soon.

Thank you!

• Hi @tbo! I’m sorry to hear how much this is affecting you. :( I have noted down your request and we will definitely take a look into adding wifi sync. Thanks for letting us know!

• suriyun
    suriyun
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, yes, and yes -- wifi sync please!

• MacLifeGR
    MacLifeGR
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to this. I just got into beta last night and the first setting i looked for was WiFi Synching. I moved my library to dropbox for testing with the app but i definitely don't want to keep it there for the future.

• Thanks for the feedback! I will add your votes for this feature request and pass it on to our developers. Hopefully we can see WiFi sync on Android in the near future. :)

• Jaun
    Jaun
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for this beta! And Happy New Year!

Just installed... I noted on first run there were only options for a new user or drop box user. I am neither but would love to be able to sync via wifi or cable.

It would also be nice if the beta could populate from my installed reader data.
    -Jon

• saad
    Options

Hi @Jaun, Happy New Year! Thanks for your suggestions, I will pass them on to our developers.

We are currently looking into possibly adding wifi sync and local file sync support in the future. These features would be nice to have.

• hampoo
    hampoo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for wifi sync!

• saad
    Options

Thanks for the up vote!

• coe
    coe
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

+100 I've been excited about joining the update with the hope of WiFi sync! I'm gutted it's not there.

Do you have any news. I'm already using dropbox sync for work and for simplicity, and privacy I'd like to keep my account separate.

I've just moved from iOS and currently have a mac. Looking forward to more updates.

• 1Christofer
    1Christofer
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I'd really like to make use of the beta, but Dropbox sync is an issue for me too. I use Dropbox for a lot of stuff, but I won't trust them with my whole password collection.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for the 100 votes @coe. ;)

I will also include both of your requests as part of the discussion. WiFi sync is among the most requested feature!

• tbo
    tbo
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hi,

The missing wifi option keeps me of testing the beta right now. When this feature will be available?

Thank you,

• klindberg
    klindberg
    Community Member
    Options

I vote for wifi sync also!!

I've had too many security issues with Dropbox and have officially stopped using it for secure storage. I currently use iCloud for syncing my Mac and iPad.

• drivencompassion
    drivencompassion
    Community Member
    Options

Critical +1 for wifi sync

• sejtam
    sejtam
    Community Member
    Options

I too +1 for Wifi sync

• akitan
    akitan
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for WiFi Sync!!

• Dragon9
    Dragon9
    Community Member
    Options

If at all possible adding iCloud sync in addition to WiFi Sync would be perfect.

• Luck0fFryish
    Luck0fFryish
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

I am unable to test until Wifi sync becomes an option

• foresme
    foresme
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for wifi sync

• @tbo: As this is a beta, things are still very much in flux. I can't tell you if or when specific features will be implemented, but I can tell you that we are working very hard to transform the beta into a first-class 1Password client for Android. Thank you for your patience and support!

@Dragon9: Unfortunately, iCloud sync is not currently an option on Android. Apple doesn't provide any support for syncing with iCloud from any platforms other than their own. I don't expect that this is something that will change any time soon.

@saad and I are making sure that the development team is very much aware of all of the WiFi sync requests we have been receiving.

• stefan1187
    stefan1187
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi,

Is there any outlook for a Wifi sync option which is compatible with Android?
    I see there's only a IOS option available.

I hope to see an answer :)

• saad
    Options

Hi @stefan1187. WiFi sync is an option our development team is currently reviewing. We understand the importance of having this as a sync method, as many users prefer syncing locally. I'll definitely add your vote for this request. Thank you. :)

We recently implemented local folder sync to our beta that allows syncing to a agilekeychain on your device's storage. Can you tell me if you're using 1Password Reader or 1Password 4 Beta on your Android device?

• smythg
    smythg
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me. WiFi sync on Android would be very useful.

• saad
    Options

Thanks! I'll add your vote for this feature request. :)

• twenty_questions_Joe
    twenty_questions_Joe
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for me as well.
    Thank you.

• xdracco
    xdracco
    Community Member
    edited March 2014
    Options

i will buy 1Password if you implement wifi sync. Otherwise, i can't. Please implement local wifi sync to Mac the app. This is a HUGE plus for mSecure.

• ahab
    ahab
    Community Member
    Options

As I use iOS as well as Android, this gives another +1 :-)

• jsherman
    jsherman
    Community Member
    Options

Mac, Windows, iOS and Android (Family license!) here - really want wifi sync for Android.

• saad
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thanks everyone for your votes, I added them to our issue tracker. :)

This discussion has been closed.