Feature Request: Share Vault with Read/Autofill-Only (aka extensive permission management)

Options
mrgreen
mrgreen
Community Member
edited May 2014 in Mac

Hey guys

My use case: I would like to share a lot of sensitive Login Information with my Virtual Assistant for my company.
Therefore a perfect solution would be to give him access to a 1P Vault to use it for Auto-Fill Login without him being able to see the actual passwords. Of course changing the passwords would be forbidden as well.

To fulfill similar requirements, a permission structure like this might work:

Different User roles: Admin/User

Read: Admin/User/Both

Write: Admin/User/Both

Delete: Admin/User/Both

Execute: Admin/User/Both

What's your roadmap mention regarding that? :)

Comments

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @mrgreen,

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it along to our developers. :)

Since 1Password is an encryption app and not a hosted service, it isn't as simple as merely "granting access" to another user on our end. We simply don't have access to your data in that way.

We are however looking into ways to improve for the future.

Therefore a perfect solution would be to give him access to a 1P Vault to use it for Auto-Fill Login without him being able to see the actual passwords.

Unfortunately, this is not possible. If you are providing a user with the ability to log in to a website, you must give them the actual password. Any implementation of such a feature would just be "hiding" the password from plain view, but would still allow the user to access the actual password with little effort.

This discussion has been closed.