How do I import from Clipperz? (was "JSON and XML imports")

Options
ash_m
ash_m
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I'm looking into importing a bunch of logins from Clipperz. They only offer exports in JSON and XML formats. What's the best way to go about importing this into 1Password?

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi ash_m,

I've posted several scripts that do conversion of various wallet formats. I don't know Clipperz, but if you can do some sample exports for me, I'll work with you to get your data imported into 1P4. I think either export format would be fine, but for now we can start with the JSON format. Are you able to create some sample data that represents the types of entries you have, and export those so that I have some sample data to work with?

Feel free to private message me here, and I'll work with you on the details.

Best,
    MrC
    (I don't work for AgileBits, btw.)

• ash_m
    ash_m
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the offer to help MrC!

I've created a sample JSON export.

For each login, if there are any fields that don't fit in with 1P4's format, it would be cool to import those in as an prepended note within the 1P4 login.

Thanks again!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Thanks for the sample export. It appears from the sample that you have two types of entries: a login (those items with a username and password) and essentially what would map into 1Password as SecureNotes (just notes data, no username, password, or URL). Is this accurate?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Options

FYI: I have your converter essentially complete, just awaiting your response to my question above in post #4. I've imported your sample data.

There's a video of the conversion and import in the Videos folder in my AgileBits Utilities folder. Download and play.

• ash_m
    ash_m
    Community Member
    Options

That's brilliant @MrC! :) Indeed, the records from Clipperz are either logins or secure notes. No Identities or Credit Cards.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Hi ash_m. Go over to this thread for the instructions and download:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/25589

This discussion has been closed.