Feature Request: New Object Type "Cell Phone Account"

Options
Elmar Heutelbach
Elmar Heutelbach
Community Member

Hello AgileBits,

As a user of several Cell Phone Accounts I would like to store my account information in a clean up way.

Typical account info is:

Customer Account Number
Hotline PW
Online PW (differs often)
Phone Number
SIM PIN
SIM PUK
SIM PIN1
SIM PIN2

Hotline Number

I am sure everybody uses cell phones these days, so it might be a great feature for everybody. Could you please implement this feature?

Regards,

Elmar

P.S: Great software!

Comments

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi Elmar,

We likely won't be adding a specific category for this, but we are considering custom, user-defined categories for the future. Thanks for your feedback about this! :)

• MichSt
    MichSt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper

I have to agree with Elmar: A category (or at least template within 'wallet') would be very handy indeed. I'm quite new to 1Password, and was a wee disappointed to find out that I can't store my phones PIN etc. in a fitting category or template.

Regards,
    Michael

• Thanks for the feedback, Michael! I will add your vote for this. :)

• FlyBoy777
    FlyBoy777
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper,

I've just started using 1Password and was importing and updating data from another application where a custom or user edited/defined category resp. object is totally easy and self-explaining.

Now I see that there are no ways of doing that in 1Password and I have to admit it puts me off quite a bit.

I think Elmar has mentioned a very much needed object type, I mean you are selling 1Password as app for smartphones. A smart phone is a mobile phone and that has all his mentioned secret data one must store somewhere. So essentially you're selling something for a device that you can't save the data for? Bizarre to say the least.

In my family there are 7 mobile phones alone due to us living in more than just one country and needing to have that many sim cards to avoid ridiculous roaming charges. I'm sure that others will have some issues along that line for whatever reason. But even if you only had that one mobile phone it'd be an object type that pretty much everyone will use/need.

Isn't that reason enough to create such an object type?

I'm more than just surprised that you do not cater for things like that and that you're not looking into it either.

Kindly do put that issue on top of your "to update" list, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Regards,

Axel

• Hi @FlyBoy777‌,

I have added your vote to our internal feature request for this. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.