Mixing Chrome extensions on Windows and Mac

Options
wtijsma
wtijsma
Community Member

Hi,

I use 1Password on Mac + Windows in Chrome with the browser extensions and browser sync enabled. There doesn't seem to be a working 4.* chrome version for Windows, but it is required for Chrome on the mac. Because I have browser sync enabled, I need to have 2 1password versions enabled in Chrome (3.* and 4.), which works fine on Windows, but Chrome on Mac keeps complaining I need to uninstall the 3. version every time on start up and redirects me to the agilebits website, which is quite annoying :(

Any solutions to this?

Thanks,

Wiebe

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

The best way is to use the beta version of 1Password 4 for Windows:

https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

It is better than the current stable version of 1Password for Windows in general, and uses the same extension as the current 1Password for Mac. I have tried syncing my Chrome extensions between a Mac and Windows PC and it works.

• wtijsma
    wtijsma
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that worked great! BTW finding this discussion forum from the agilebits.com home page is not a trivial task, I think it could be a bit more obvious, or is that on purpose?

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

AgileBits considers the primary access for technical support to be email, so that is highlighted on their main site. I only found out about these forums when I received a link when I was given access to the beta program for version 4. The forums are very helpful, so I agree that making it easier to discover them would be good for many users. Maybe, though, not for those who aren't as computer savvy as the average forum user might be. I'm not sure.

This discussion has been closed.