Unable To Sync iMac to iPhone

Options
Plutopowered
Plutopowered
Community Member

I hope I haven't gone too far along to either straighten out what I've done...

I found out about 1Password and downloaded it for my iMac. I'm still getting used to it and I decided to get it for my iphone (it said $17.99 and I was charged $19.07 - not sure why that happened) as well before I noticed that it supposedly can only be synced via wifi? Am I reading that right?

I thought I read initially that it could be synced through dropbox, icloud, and wifi (I don't have wifi) so I thought that I could sync it via icloud or dropbox but I can't seem to get it to work and I'm not really able to find step by step instructions for that.

Will I be unable to sync the two without wifi?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Plutopowered,

it said $17.99 and I was charged $19.07 - not sure why that happened

Do you have to pay any sales tax in your province/state or country?

I thought I read initially that it could be synced through dropbox, icloud, and wifi

Yep, you can sync 1Password 4 for iOS via iCloud, Dropbox, or Wi-Fi. Here are the instructions for each:

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• Plutopowered
    Plutopowered
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Of course, right after I posted this I found this: http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/Tutorials/adhoc-network.html

I remember that I had to use this "ad hoc" wifi connection before for something else.

So, whenever I update my computer or phone with a new password generated by 1P, it will update both devices, no?

• Jasper
    Options

So, whenever I update my computer or phone with a new password generated by 1P, it will update both devices, no?

iCloud and Dropbox sync are automatic. Wi-Fi sync is a manual process and must be initiated each time you want to sync.

• Plutopowered
    Plutopowered
    Community Member
    Options

When will my phone and computer be completely synced? My computer has the most updated information whereas my phone does not. I've synced it a couple of times but it doesn't seem to match my computer.

• Plutopowered
    Plutopowered
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try to be more specific in case my other post was not.

This is the problem that I'm having:

Let's say I've updated Linkedin on my computer with 1P. When I open the Linkedin app on my phone (which also has 1P) it doesn't update with the new password even after I've "synced".

What I end up doing is going on my computer's 1P and looking up the new password and then typing it into my phone's app. Perhaps I did something wrong but I assumed that all of the passwords would update.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Plutopowered‌,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting 1Password synced up. All of your passwords should be updated after a sync. As @JasperP mentions above, Dropbox and iCloud sync are automatic, but Wi-Fi sync must be performed manually at this time.

You don't specifically mention which sync solution you are using - are you syncing with Wi-Fi? If so, please let me know if you are seeing any errors that would indicate a sync has failed. It is important to ensure that both your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network for sync to occur.

• Plutopowered
    Plutopowered
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I actually found my answer in another part of the forum. It looks like adding the passwords for apps needs to be done manually so that's what I did.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/20200/can-i-use-1password4-to-login-to-iphone-apps

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Plutopowered‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that you've found your answer! :) We're here if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.