Mac OS X not syncing with Dropbox

Austin Ballard
Austin Ballard
Community Member
edited June 2014 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello,

I have had huge issues with the Mac OS version of 1P not syncing with my iOS version.

Very frustrating as I save a password on my phone, and it isn't updated on desktop, and then I have also experienced passwords being overwritten by desktop app when I saved a more recent version on my phone.

Sync on phone is set to Dropbox, Sync on desktop I can't even see in Preferences! Following support article in documentation BUT my preferences don't have a Sync tab?!?!?!!

Would appreciate any help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

Hi Austin,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up! First of all, let's confirm which version of 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS you are using.

On your desktop, please look in the 1Password menu and select 'About 1Password' - what version number do you see?

To find out which version of 1Password for iOS you have, let me know which icon you see on your home screen from the following image: A, B, C or D?

• Austin Ballard
    Austin Ballard
    Community Member

Sorry didn't mention in post but I am up to date with both iOS and Mac OS - that was the first thing I checked.

iOS 4.5+ (D)

Mac OS X not on my home computer now but I made sure I was on the lastest version which I am.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014

Hi Austin,

I always ask for specific version numbers because they can often be very helpful in tracking down the source of the problem (many bugs are fixed in each version, so if for some reason a user is behind on a few updates, they could be missing fixes to their issue), as well as ensuring that users get the best instructions to get fixed up.

Now, in your case, although you say you are on the latest version of 1Password, I suspect that you might be using 1Password 3 (since you mention not having a sync tab on your Preferences pane.) 1Password 4 was introduced as a paid upgrade, so it will not show up as an update to 1Password 3. Does your Preferences pane look like this?

EDIT: I've taken a look at your screenshot (it wasn't showing correctly initially) and you are indeed on 1Password 3. Please look under the 'General' tab and see where your Data file is. This will give us a better idea of where to go from here.

This discussion has been closed.