make webpage (not address bar) active after autofill (chrome)

Options
redzep
redzep
Community Member

so i hit command option \ and select my destination, and 1p beautifully fills the address and goes to the site.

But thereafter, the cursor remains in the address bar, it's what's active. So I can't tab my way through the web page, or use any other keyboard shortcuts since the page is active, requiring me to actually click on the page.

As a keyboard shortcut junkie (for which 1p is a godsend) this is frustrating.

using latest chrome for mac.

am i doing something wrong?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @redzep,

Fellow keyboard shortcut junkie here, I'll do my best to help you out! Now, I'm having a bit of trouble reproducing this issue. Could you please let me know what version numbers you've got for the browser extension, your browser and operating system? That will help me narrow things down.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @redzep,

When having this issue with input focus being in Chrome's address bar (aka omnibox) after 1Password filling, was focus already there when filling was initiated?

As @khad explained in Focus cannot be taken from the omnibox in Chrome:

This is a limitation of Chrome. The extension APIs do not allow anything (including the 1Password extension) to take focus away from the omnibox which is precisely where the cursor happens to be when you open a new tab. It would be nice if this was changed in the future, but for now it is not possible for us to do what you are asking.

>

Safari and Firefox do not have this limitation.

Does that describe what's happening in your case?

• redzep
    redzep
    Community Member
    Options

Ah... chrome's fault. thanks for the explanation.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @redzep.

This discussion has been closed.