Changed Password and wasn't prompted to Save [find generated password in 'Passwords' category]

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Usually works, but on famers.com and Safari 7.0.4 I had to save the new Password manually.
Fortunately this is now very easy with the Safari extension.
1Pw 4.4.1 Mac app version, don't know where to find the extension.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

When you use the password generator in 1Password Mini to create a new password, by default this password is also copied to your clipboard when you click the 'Fill' button. You can check to confirm that this is enabled by clicking the arrow next to the 'Fill' button. 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' should be checked off.

As an additional layer of protection, any generated password that is not saved into a Login will be stored in the 'Passwords' category. Can you find your famers.com password there?

1Pw 4.4.1 Mac app version, don't know where to find the extension.

If you don't have the Safari extension installed, you can snag it from our extension download page. (If you're having a different problem and I've misunderstood you, please let me know so that we can get you sorted out. :)

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

everything is clear. Yes the farmers password is there (except it is in www.farmers.com). Installed - or probably reinstalled - the extension.
    Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy,

I'm so glad to hear that everything's clear now. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.