Minor bug: After deleting an item in Watchtower view, the selection jumps two items ahead

Options
sodiumpowered
sodiumpowered
Community Member

This affects 1Password 4, Version 4.4.1 (441008).

In the Watchtower view (and maybe in other views), if you delete an item, the currently selected item will jump two spaces ahead.

For example, let's say you have these logins:

Login A
Login B
Login C

And Login A is selected, and you right-click, and choose 'Move to trash'. You would expect that Login B would move up and become selected instead. But instead, Login C becomes the selected item.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sodiumpowered,

You are correct! :)

Item selection does behave just as you've described after using Move to Trash from the context menu. Selection is well behaved after using Delete and Quick Delete commands under the Edit menu, their Delete and Command-Delete keyboard shortcuts, and Item > Move to Trash.

This bug is already in our tracker and I've added your report to it. Thanks!

internal reference number: OPM-850

• Logic Bus
    Logic Bus
    Community Member
    Options

I've been going through logins flagged by Watchtower. I'm deleting some logins -- credit cards I cancelled, for example. When I right click on a login and choose "Move to Trash," it disappears, which is expected. But here's the bug:

The highlight/selection moves to the second login in the list. This would be okay -- if a login hadn't just disappeared from the top of the list. The next login that I want to investigate/audit is now the FIRST login in the list.

This is a pretty minor bug. But it's annoying and reproducible.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Logic Bus,

You are also correct. :)

I've merged your topic with another report of this bug, plus included yours in our tracker. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.