Problems with iCloud Syncing

Options
knittlegolf
knittlegolf
Community Member

I am not able to sync my Mac (iOS 10.9.2) to my iPhone (7.1.1). I have the newest 1Password software on both as I just downloaded them yesterday.
When I sync my mac I get a "problem detected- update preferences" prompt that appears. I don't know how to fix this as I believe all my iCloud settings are correct for syncing. Help please!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @knittlegolf‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with iCloud. Let's get you sorted out! Now, there are a few very basic things that we need to check before we get into the more detailed troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all computers and devices. (If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where things are getting tangled!)
    • Please ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled for iCloud on all devices.

If those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your iOS devices ("Test, iPhone/iPad") and add some data
    • Does "Test for Mac" show up on either of your iOS devices?
    • Does "Test for iPhone" and/or "Test for iPad" show up on your Mac?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

• Sheldon Smith
    Sheldon Smith
    Community Member
    Options

I too had the same problem, but after resetting my iPhone, the two started to sync

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sheldon,

Thanks for the tip! I'm glad to hear you're all synced up. :)

This discussion has been closed.