Same password but different usernames

Options
cportner
cportner
Community Member

My work requires relatively frequent password resets. The problem is that there are multiple services/website that uses the same password, but they require different usernames! Our basic access uses just our assigned username, but two other services requires our whole email address which is username@company.com. This means that I cannot use the new multiple URL feature, which I was otherwise really looking forward to. Is there a way of linking multiple usernames to the same password?

I have tried if the main access point would accept the whole email as a username, but that would obviously be too easy and throws an invalid username. The different services are run by different subcontractors, so no chance of changing the way it is run.

Claus

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @cportner,

Sorry, it's not possible to have multiple usernames associated with different URLs within a single Login item. You will need to create a separate Login item for each site.

You may want to "link" the separate Login items with a Tag, so finding them all when it comes time to change them is a bit easier.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Although it could be minimised to just as many entries as there are unique usernames at a guess?

Login item 1
    short username
    URL 1
    URL 2

Login item 2
    full username
    URL 1
    URL 2
    URL 3

and then tag them and/or add a note if one is updated to update the other?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Claus ( @cportner ),

I hope the suggestions from @JasperP and @littlebobbytables will help you with managing changes to different items required for those sites/services.

If you have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

This discussion has been closed.