Start fresh on Dropbox and iCloud

Options
eichlerdad
eichlerdad
Community Member

I updated to 1password4 on two macs and an iPhone. When syncing the iPhone to Dropbox or iCloud the program finds a lot of old info it wants to merge. The info on 1password4 on my desktop is correct. I would like to erase all the 1password info in iCloud, Dropbox, sync with the info on my desktop 1password4 and then sync my phone. please advise me how to do this.

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @eichlerdad‌

I'd be happy to help you clear the sync data from your devices. I'm glad to hear that the data on your desktop is accurate - that's an important thing to confirm before deleting the sync data!

The first thing we want to do here is disable sync on all of your devices:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data and confirm that you want to disable sync.

Now, let's get rid of any extra information that may still be left in the sync stores:

• On your Mac, open a Finder window to your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of
    • In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder.
    • In the window that opens copy and paste the following path:

~/Library/Mobile Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword

• Be sure to copy the whole path, including the space in the middle.

• Press the Go button to go to that folder.
    • Delete the '2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword' folder.

• You can remove any iCloud data from your iOS device by following this tutorial: http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html

Once all the data is cleared out, please re-start all your computers and devices. You can then set up sync fresh with the database on your desktop.

This should get you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any questions or concerns!

This discussion has been closed.