login does not work - 1Password does not insert username and password

Options
lyric
lyric
Community Member

1Password login does not work at the following website -- that is, 1Password does not insert username and password into the form. Typing username and password into the form manually works fine.

https://jack.sfcc.edu/cp/home/displaylogin

Per suggestions in the Agilebits forum, I tried creating a completely new login item in 1Password, but there was no improvement -- 1Password still did not insert username and password into the form.

Browser is Safari 7.0.5 and operating system is OS X 10.9.4

Help, please!!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ahsan,

I see how 1Password can misbehave on the JACK (SFCC's Web Portal) page. To fix that, please give this a try:

• Make sure the 1Password browser extension has been updated to version 4.2.3 (or later).
    • Open the main 1Password application and create a new Login item (⌘N) to use with this site.
    • Give it a title, and enter your username and password for the site. For the website field use: https://jack.sfcc.edu/cp/home/displaylogin
    • Save this new Login item, then move any old ones for this site to Trash.
    • Finally, test that item using Safari.

Let me know how that works for you -- thanks! :)

• lyric
    lyric
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Yes, creating a new login item manually in the main 1Password application did the trick. (Trying to create a login item using the 1Password browser extension still fails, though using 4.2.3...)

thank you!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lyric,

Glad to hear that did the trick!

You are correct: a Login item for this site/page created through 1Password mini (and browser extension) will only save either a username or password field so only either the page's USERNAME or PASSWORD field will be filled. Creating the item in the main application with both fields, as you've done, means both can be filled correctly. I've filed a bug for this; thank you for reporting it!

internal reference number: OPX-557

This discussion has been closed.