Files added to the 1Password Vault

Options
Charel Buchler
Charel Buchler
Community Member

Hi,

I recently added a few software licenses to my 1Password database and now I'm cleaning my files a bit up on the mac, can I actually delete all the files concerning my software licenses since I added them to the 1Password vault?
Or is that just a symbolic link?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It's a little sad that 1P4 no longer gives you the same sort of message as 1P3 did (i.e., that it's safe to delete the original once the file is in 1P as an attachment)...but it is safe to do so. :) 1P4 has the file not merely a link to the original.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Charel,

Are you asking about deleting files that you've attached to your Software License items in 1Password? My suggestion would be to keep the original files even though attachments for them in 1Password are separate copies, not links, For example, you could store the originals in a single Attached to 1Password folder (perhaps on a USB thumb drive) just to have 'em all in one spot if you're ever unable to access their 1Password attachment copies for any reason.

I hope that helps. If you have more questions about this or anything else please let me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.