Credit Card Filling in multiple fields for certain sites [Known Issue: working on a fix]

Options
freshh20
freshh20
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I have noticed on two websites where my credit card number is being automatically added into other fields. I do not always catch it, and have had my credit card number returned to me in email purchase notifications from the auto reply. In clear text format. Usually telephone field or other fields below the city state country field that I didn't know even existed. Two of the sites where this occurs is a wholesaler Ingram Micro and another is ToolNut (www.festoolproducts.com). I can copy paste every field in the form from 1Password but autofilling is preferred.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @freshh20‌

Thanks so much for bringing those sites to our attention! Our developers are currently working on squashing this bug, and I've added the details you've provided to the existing report in our internal tracker.

I sincerely apologize for the trouble here - if you do notice this on any other sites please let us know! We'll do the best we can to get this fixed as soon as possible for you.

ref: OPX-438

• ajohnsonlaird
    ajohnsonlaird
    Community Member
    Options

If I go to a web site to make a purchase and want to have 1Password for Mac enter the credit card information, I position the cursor to the CC number field and it does this OK, including the CCV, and expiry date

But it also enters the credit card number in, say, the Purchase Order Number field and the UPS Collect Account number field.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening, please? For example, limiting 1Password to just enter the CC number once?

Thanks
    Andy

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2014
    Options

Hi @ajohnsonlaird‌ Would it be possible to ask for the site in question that is doing this? it might help our devs squash this bug if they can see the page :smile:

ref: OPX-438

• Bill_Walker
    Bill_Walker
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. 1Password 4.4.3 on Mac OS X 10.9.5. I have the problem regularly on www.freerestaurantdelivery.com, where the CC number ends up in the "Unit Number" address field. I had it again yesterday while ordering parts from www.encompassparts.com.

• Bill_Walker
    Bill_Walker
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here (support ticket #HNX-53467-538, no reply received from a human yet). 1P 4.4.3, Mac OS X 10.9.5, seeing issue regularly on www.freerestaurantdelivery.com, saw it again yesterday on encompassparts.com.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bill_Walker,

I'm very sorry you haven't received a reply to your email yet! I found your email in our system and updated it some details from this forum discussion, and someone should get back to you soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

ref: HNX-53467-538

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajohnsonlaird and @Bill_Walker, I've merged your messages into this discussion for the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.