merging items, or failing that: showing items side by side to hand merge them?

Options
cameron_simpson
cameron_simpson
Community Member

I'm running 1password 4 on a Mac and cannot see any way to merge two items. I have an assortment of duplicates for various reasons.

If there is no "merge" facility, is there a way to pop one or more "duplicate" items out into separate windows so that I can edit a remaining "master" item and hand merge the relevant information by hand? I can't see anything like this, either, which makes tidying things up more than just irritating.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

There is no "merge" facility. However,

is there a way to pop one or more "duplicate" items out into separate windows so that I can edit a remaining "master" item and hand merge the relevant information by hand?

The answer to that is "yes". Find the item using 1P mini and once you've displayed the details click on the anchor key at the bottom right of the displayed item, which will fix it to the desktop. You can do that with the other item on which you wish to work, as well.

Stephen

• cameron_simpson
    cameron_simpson
    Community Member
    Options

Ah. Ok. [...] Hmm, it would be handy if it remembered my previous search, since I have 4 items to merge and I can only pick one at a time. Anyway, that helps. Thanks!
    Cameron Simpson

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cameron_simpson‌

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C's suggestion helped you out a bit. 1Password Mini not remembering previous search is a known issue, I'll add a vote for you to the report in our internal tracker, in hopes that it will get resolved quickly. :)

ref: OPM-1617

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    Options

This topic helped a lot a newbie with 1P like me! thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tetardbleu‌

Helping newbies is what we're here for! If you have any further questions, you know where to find us. ;)

This discussion has been closed.