Master Login Password Problems

Options
onewhoneedshelp
onewhoneedshelp
Community Member

I downloaded from agilebits.com "1password 4" on my mac and created a master login. I then purchased, in the app store, "1password" app for my mac and "1 password" app for my ios devices. I then decided to create a different master login password for the purchased apps. How can I merge "1password 4" and "1password" app. I cannot log into "1password 4" with my new password. It will only let me login with the original password. The applications seem to be unaware of each other.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Have you enabled syncing by iCloud or Dropbox? Those are the usual routes that people use to make sure OS X and iOS versions are talking to each other. Wifi syncing is also available, but it won't be automatic like the other two cloud based options are.

• onewhoneedshelp
    onewhoneedshelp
    Community Member
    Options

Yes iCloud is enabled and the phone and computer are talking to each other fine. The problem is that I have the appilication "1password 4" installed (from agilebits.com) on my computer and it will not let me login with my new password. So I have an app (from the app store) and an application (from the website) on my computer and they don't seem to know that I am the same user. Does this make sense? Thanks for your help.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If I have understood correctly you seem to be running on your computer 1P4 in both Mac app store and AgileBits store versions. That is not good and will lead to much confusion and despondency, as you may have discovered.

If I'm correct you need to dispose of one version and use the other exclusively. As at least a temporary fix for the problem this may work:

1. Open one of the two applications on your Mac and then close it using ⌃⌘Q (control + cmd + Q). That will close 1P mini as well as the main app.
    2. For good measure reboot your machine.
    3. Now open the other application and see if it runs properly.

If you find you're running the "wrong" one of the applications repeat the process until you end up running the one you want.

In the longer run I think we need to get you to a position where you have only one of the two apps on your MacBook but we need to know which one you want to keep.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @onewhoneedshelp‌

Since you have set up a separate database on your Mac for each version of 1Password, we'll need to either merge your existing databases, or simply remove the extraneous copy of 1Password. I'll need a few more details in order to help you get this sorted out:

• Do you currently have different data stored in both versions of 1Password on your desktop that both need to be saved?
    • Do you wish to continue using the Mac App Store version, or the webstore version?

Once we know that, we can advise you on how to proceed.

This discussion has been closed.