Latest browser extension not working in Firefox ESR [Resolved: use v4.2.3 of the extension instead]

Options
anothersmurf
anothersmurf
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I'm using 1Password 4.4.1 on MacOS 10.9.4 and Firefox 24.7 ESR. I have the 1Password 4.2.4 browser extension installed, with automatic updates set to Default. The browser extension doesn't seem to work. There is no icon in my toolbar, not can I add it by customizing my toolbar.

Is there some way I can manually update the browser extension, since automatic updates don't seem to be working? At least I'm guessing that's what the problem is?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I believe the latest version of Firefox is 31. I've seen advice in these forums to upstate Firefox to solve the sort of issue you describe.

• anothersmurf
    anothersmurf
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that's the latest version of Firefox. Unfortunately they completely wrecked their GUI a couple versions back, so I switched to the ESR. ESR is an older version of Firefox that is still maintained for security purposes, so it is current even though you're correct that it's a low version number.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please see this post for a full explanation, and suggested solutions, from AgileBits.

Stephen

• anothersmurf
    anothersmurf
    Community Member
    Options

That works! Thank you for your help, Stephen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anothersmurf‌

I'm so glad to hear that @Stephen_C's suggestion got things working for you! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.