iCloud sync isn't working [moved to email; problem resolved itself]

Options
Ric Steinberger
Ric Steinberger
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I think iCloud sync used to work, but not any more. I have 2 Macs (iMac, Macbook Pro), an iPhone and iPad Mini. iCloud syncing with Apple Apps (e.g., Contacts) works. I'm hesitant to go through a bunch of deletes and restarts. The bigger question: Why doesn't iCloud syncing for 1Password work nearly as reliably as with Dropbox syncing? I would prefer to stick with iCloud sync, but only if the reliability issues can be addressed.

What can I do to get iCloud sync working yet again?
:|

Comments

• Ric Steinberger
    Ric Steinberger
    Community Member
    Options

I can make a change on the iPhone, or iPad and it will propagate to the other iDevice. But nothing reaches the Macs, and no change made on either Mac is synced either.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ric,

Sorry to hear that iCloud Sync has stopped working in some spots between your Macs and iDevices. We'd like to take a closer look at your current 1Password configuration to see where things are getting tangled up.

To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from both Macs, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the reports would also be helpful.

Once we've seen the reports we'll have a better idea of what to suggest so you can get iCloud Sync back on track without an unnecessary extra "bunch of deletes and restarts". :)

Thanks in advance!

• Ric Steinberger
    Ric Steinberger
    Community Member
    Options

I've been through the whole stop syncing and restarting everything. The iDevices will sync one to the other. But nothing propagates to/from the Mac. Note that Apple Applications, like Contacts, do sync properly across Macs and iDevices. It's only 1Password that isn't working right.

I need some direct answers from AgileBits: Do you recommend Dropbox over iCloud syncing? It sure seems like Dropbox was more reliable when I last used it about a month ago. I'd prefer to use iCloud, but its reliability in 1Password is terrible. At least that's my experience. What do you advise? Are you going to make iCloud sync work better for 1Password, or should I give up and go back to Dropbox?

So, yes, I am still having trouble!!!

• Ric Steinberger
    Ric Steinberger
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Just verified that I can create a new Note using Notes on an iMac and it shows up on the iDevices. But making a change to an item in 1Password simply does not get transferred to the iDevices... I repeat the experiment on my Macbook Pro, and the change does propagate to the iDevices. So something is very messed up in the 1Password setup on the iMac. I've been through the stop sync and rebook and restart sync... still messed up. Can someone from AgileBits talk to me by phone... please contact [email address removed by moderator].

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello Ric,

We did receive email and Diagnostics Reports from you. Thanks for sending that in!

Greig has already responded to you and we'll keep the discussion going through email. I've noted in the support ticket that you'd like to have a phone call and we can email you details for arranging that to sort out any remaining issues and answer your questions. So we're not getting our support wires crossed I'm going to close this thread now. :)

ref: QSX-53858-838

This discussion has been closed.