Login with a code instead username

Options
dbogado
dbogado
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to log in a website that has a code instead a username, but something is going wrong. Is it possible to do that? Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @‌dbogado

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Let's see if we can get things sorted out. Is this code the same each time you log in to the site? If so, 1Password should treat it just the same as a regular username. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

• dbogado
    dbogado
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, thanks but I am trying to make it work using my Iphone and it doesn't have the 1password extension like it does in the computer...Is it possible to do this in the iphone?

• Hi @dbogado‌,

Could you let @Megan‌ & I know the address of the site so we can test it out?

• dbogado
    dbogado
    Community Member
    Options

It is a brazilian website.....the adress is www.crasesigma.com.br and in the right upper side there is a link called "Crase Link Condômino". There I have to put the informations. Thanks

• Hi @dbogado‌,

Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website (if you have one) by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

That appeared to work for me when I filled in the fields with pretend data. I hope it works for you, too!

• dbogado
    dbogado
    Community Member
    Options

Chris, in iphone there is no 1Password extension, is there? If so, where is it located please?

• Hi @dbogado‌,

I'm so sorry, I forgot you were on iOS. That is tricky, then. Unfortunately there is not yet a way to save a form like that on iOS. We are hoping to bring that to iOS in a future update.

A workaround would be to download a trial of the Mac or Windows version, sync it to your iPhone, and then save the login using the browser extension on the computer. The correct data will sync back to iOS.

• dbogado
    dbogado
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thank you very much!

• You're welcome, @dbogado‌!

• dbogado
    dbogado
    Community Member
    Options

Chrisdj, I did what you told me and everything is working now! Can I delete the "OLD" entries or do I have to leave them there?

• Hi @dbogado,

If your new login is working for you now (and has the correct login information saved), you can go ahead and delete the old entries. :)

• dbogado
    dbogado
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thank you!

• MikeT
    Options

On behalf of our team here, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.