Changing keychain to use Dropbox

I've been using 1Password on a single system for a few months now, and I've just decided to consolidate my passwords across platforms using 1Password for iPhone, iPad and Windows in addition to my Mac OS X installation. My Dropbox account is all set up, but when I hit the instructions for modifying the keychain on my Mac I was floored. I don't understand why it's necessary to download an old version of 1Password to do the conversion. If it's still a necessary step, why isn't this functionality part of the current version of 1Password?

Although I searched the site and FAQ to try to find the answer to this question, thus far I've not found it. Can anyone explain this reason for this seemingly strange omission from the program?

Thanks,

- Leo

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Leo which version of 1P are you currently using

Sounds like you found the info for those moving from V2 to V3 in that they first need to convert there data before using V3.

if you are using v3 then there is no conversion necessary. you can check and make sure does your data file end in .agilekeychain if so you are all set.
  • Leomania
    Leomania
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

Leo which version of 1P are you currently using

Sounds like you found the info for those moving from V2 to V3 in that they first need to convert there data before using V3.

if you are using v3 then there is no conversion necessary. you can check and make sure does your data file end in .agilekeychain if so you are all set.

You are so right. I just searched for the Dropbox sync instructions again and found a much more straightforward description. That sounds much more reasonable!

Thanks a bunch.

- Leo
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Glad to hear your on your way let us know if you need anything else.

This discussion has been closed.