Semi-automatic password change

Options
kendo
kendo
Community Member

With all the data breaches lately, and hundreds of passwords to change, I would welcome an automated "Change your password?" pop-up for every site I visit using 1Password. If I would answer "yes", the software could offer the option of altering the existing password by two or three characters, or have an entirely new password. Then it would automatically change the password on the site and in the 1Password database. If 1Password were unsuccessful in changing the password on the site, it could pause while I manually change it on the site, and then continue with the automated database change. Wuddiya think?

Comments

• Hi @kendo,

It certainly is a good idea. We somewhat accomplish the notification if you enable the Watchtower feature in Security Audit (Mac and Windows). This will alert you if you have a password that has not yet been changed on a known compromised site.

As for the automation of changing it on a site, that is very difficult, as it seems most sites do not standardize of change password fields. Everyone seems to implement it differently, so it is not something that can be easily automated.

This discussion has been closed.