Beta will not install on iOS 8 GM [Reinstall 1Password with a new copy from HA]

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

Just updated to iOS8 GM. Been on iOS7 until now and only had the betas on my iPad. I went to the HockeyApp website and chose 1Password, clicked install, the popup appeared and I clicked Install. It then just doesn;t do anything, no icon appears on any homescreens. I've tried several times to no avail.

Tried a full restart of the phone. Any ideas?

Comments

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Just tried to install the App Store version in the mean time and that one installs ok but when I try to link to Dropbox it crashes. DB opens, I authorise, it switches back to 1PW and during it's search for vaults in my DB it crashes out. I am very desperate to get at least access to my vault on my phone tonight.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rctneil‌

Can you confirm that you have the HockeyApp installed on your iOS device? This app is required to facilitate the installation of the beta. :)

• Gerald Peterson
    Gerald Peterson
    Community Member

I'm have the same problem. Can I assume a new version will be finished by next week?

• Hi guys,

The current app store version of 1Password has a known bug where it crashes when enabling the sync with Dropbox. That has been fixed a long time ago when we've started the work on the iOS 8 update. For now, use the Wi-Fi sync in the app store version of 1Password.

As for the beta, it should work fine on the GM seed. You may need to register your device again with Hockeyapp and install the profile before reinstalling 1Password, and that should fix it.

As for the official release of our iOS 8 update, we're working around the clock to have it available as soon as iOS 8 is released but no promises.

• skopcho
    skopcho
    Community Member

Just to chime in here, I am also on iOS 8 GM and I reregistered my device and installed the profile and it still won't install. The install confirmation pops up and then after hitting ok nothing happens. Are you guys building these betas with Xcode 6? If not, can you try that now that the GM for that has also been released. It's fixed this problem on apps I'm working on.

• Nick Chaimov
    Nick Chaimov
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

I'm having this problem as well. Trying to install the 1Password beta via HockeyApp gives an install confirmation dialog but the install doesn't actually happen after selecting allow. Deleting the HockeyApp provisioning profile and reinstalling HockeyApp doesn't fix the problem. The auto-update inside 1Password is also not actually triggering an install. The only way I've found to actually get new versions onto my device is to download the .ipa on my computer and send it to the iPhone from Xcode.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

EXACTLY the same as nchaimov. Trying to install b25, but had the same problem with b24

and yes, it installs fine with xc6

• Nik2407
    Nik2407
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

Same here, b25 and b24 cant install. I press on install and nothing happens. iOS 8 GM, iPhone 5 (A1429)

• joetomasone
    joetomasone
    Community Member

No issues on either my iPad 4th Gen or my iPhone 5s after installing GM. Restored from a backup and all was well, including later releases via Hockey App.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I still cannot get the beta to install. Tried everything stated above.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member

Did you try downloading it on your mac and then using xcode to install it? That woks for me.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

^ Nope. I don't currently have xCode installed.

• Hi guys,

Those of you who are seeing the errors, do any of you have Xcode installed? If yes, can you grab the errors from the device's console when you try to install 1Password again? It might tell us what is going on the background. It sounds like a provisioning profile issue but without seeing the errors, we don't know what it could be. We may have to get HockeyApp involved here to figure this out.

One more thing, did any of you see a prompt from iOS to trust AgileBits before installing it?

@rcneil, try installing it with iTunes instead. Drag the IPA file onto the apps section of your iPad in iTunes and sync it.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member

I'm not seeing an error. It just doesn't install. I get the dialog from ios asking me if I want to install it. I hit "Install", but nothing happens.

• Hi @huffalumpy‌,

But no Trust this developer prompt, right?

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member

Correct.

• MikeT
    edited September 2014

Hey folks,

Do you mind helping HockeyApp's team here, they think they might have a cause behind this. Basically, iOS 8 might have an internal cache of bundle IDs that shows installed apps and for some reason skips the installation of the update from HockeyApp because it believes it is already installed.

To anybody who is still seeing this issue, was your GM seed installed over the previous betas or was it a clean install? It might be a bad cache carried over to the GM seed.

Someone mentioned that resetting the device and restoring from a backup fixed the problem. That's what Joe in post #10 also confirms since he did that first and didn't have any problem with any betas.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

My GM was clean. I'll go help the HA guys.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

@MikeT‌

Looks like they implemented a workaround. But you guys have to enable it on your end too if I am reading it correctly. See the last post. err #41

• Hi guys,

We just made the switch as suggested by HockeyApp, please try again, and let us know if it works.

• huffalumpy
    huffalumpy
    Community Member

Yep. That works. It's a little weird if you already have it installed, because you can see the app download, and then as soon as it downloads it disappears (probably because your device can see what's going on), but yes

• That's great, thanks for the confirmation!

• Danevas
    Danevas
    Community Member

Yes HockeyApp download can be seen on my iPhone 6 then it disappears once the install is complete.

• Hi @Danevas,

That's great, thanks for letting us know!

• Nick Chaimov
    Nick Chaimov
    Community Member

Updating on device is now working for me again as well. Thanks!

• Thanks should go to the HA guys who fixed it on their end.

This discussion has been closed.