Remove user

Options
Sander Beek
Sander Beek
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

Hi,

I'm a new 1password user and I want to use this program within our team to share different kinds of data with one keychain. As I was using the program I was wondering if it is possible to remove a specific user. That user should not have access to any of the data stored after being deleted. When looking at the program I saw two things which conflicted:

1. The data is always also stored locally; so when renaming the keychain (for instance) or deleting a user, he or she always has a copy (local) of all the data stored.

2. I don't know how to delete users from the keychain

Could someone please help me with this "problem"?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think, in effect, the knowledge base article "How do I revoke access to a shared vault?" will provide you your answer (you can't)—even if it's not the answer you want. I see no difference, for these purposes, between a shared vault and a shared keychain.

Stephen

• Hi Sander,

@Stephen_C‌ is correct in that there is no model for removing users at this time. Sharing a vault with someone gives them the same amount of control over it as you have. It's going to take some pretty hefty restructuring of our data format to allow user access control, but this is something we definitely want to explore down the road.

• Sander Beek
    Sander Beek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

Will continue to follow the updates around the application :)

• You're welcome, Sander!

This discussion has been closed.