Trouble filling on westlaw.com

Options
tjevans
tjevans
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

I am having some problems with 1Password with this page.

That login requires a client ID. Because I don't bill clients for my use of that site, I'd like to just input my name every time. Is there a way to get 1Password to save that field? I've tried creating a new ID, but then it saves the client ID as my username, which is incorrect.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What happens if you save a new Login item like this?

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

That allows 1Password to “[re]learn” a page’s fields. As long as you fill out the form as you want 1Password to fill it, the Login you save will have the correct fields when you save it. :)

Please let me know how it goes.

• tjevans
    tjevans
    Community Member
    Options

1Password then saves the client ID as my username, instead of saving my username as my username.

• tjevans
    tjevans
    Community Member
    Options

I figured it out. I had to save a new login, but before saving, I had to open the full 1Password and do some editing of the form details.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad things are working well, but please let me know if you have any further trouble. You shouldn't have to edit anything. Be sure you are saving a brand new Login item using those steps and not updating your existing Login. It works very well in my testing without any editing at all. :)

Cheers!

• tjevans
    tjevans
    Community Member
    Options

Just to elaborate a bit, when I went in to edit the form, the field for client name had the "head and shoulders" by it. I had to put that symbol by the username field, and it now works.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Interesting. It works for me without a need to specify that field as the username. If I follow the steps here…

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

…this is the result:

It fills correctly even though what the site calls "username" is not marked as such in the Login. It fills correctly based on the underlying form field names.

We'll keep an eye on this, though, and I'm glad it is working well for you!

This discussion has been closed.